I firmly believe that if you are going to coach someone who has ADHD, you should meet these requirements:
• Completed ADHD specific coach training through an accredited ADHD coach training school.
• Have ADHD yourself or have an immediate family member (spouse, sibling or child) that has been diagnosed with ADHD.
• Have a firm belief that ADHD can offer many gifts- and that each individual is whole and complete.
• Have the ability to listen without judgment. (REALLY- NO JUDGEMENT!). People with ADHD are judged enough and do not want or need it from their coach!
• Coaches without ADHD specific coach training, as well as an intimate understanding of how ADHD shows up uniquely in each person, can unintentionally do more harm than good.